Position at Finecast About Finecast
Finecast, a WPP company specialising in addressable TV, launched in the UK in September 2017.
As TV audiences' fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. Finecast gives advertisers the ability to deliver targeted ads to audiences watching TV content across multiple broadcasters, connected devices, set top boxes, over-the-top providers and game consoles - all through a single point of access with standardised measurement.
Finecast optimises delivery across the entire addressable TV marketplace. With access to hundreds of different targeting segments, from socio-economic to life stage, purchase and financial data, advertisers can identify and reach viewers whenever and wherever they are watching. About GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, MediaCom, Mindshare, Essence and m/SIX.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP's media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring a strategic advantage to our clients and our companies.About the team
Finecast in the UK is made up of an expanding team of 60+ people spanning Engagement, Operations, Client Services, Marketing, Business Operations, Finance and Product, Data & Analytics functions.
Finecast is a team of individuals shaping the future of TV advertising and as such we set high standards for the individuals we hire and the skillsets they bring to our business.
We are a rapidly growing organisation that require a hands-on approach with creative thinking, strong communication skills and a passion for what we do that translates into real energy in our team culture.
Finecast is a supportive, open and honest place to work where we help each other for our mutual success.The role objectives
The Finance Analyst will be a key member of the Finecast Finance team and will support all aspects of the UK Finecast Finance function responsibilities, including accounting, reporting, forecasting, and business insights.
The role will report to Charlotte Campbell (Finance Manger), and works closely with both the UK Finecast teams, as well as with stakeholders at GroupM Finance and Finance Plus.Responsibilities
- Ownership and development of workflows and processes across all aspects of the Finecast UK finance team, including monthly close, planning and forecasting cycles, and the analysis of key metrics and overall trends
- Working closely with Non-GroupM team, owning the end-to-end finance/engagement process, including proactive credit risk management
- Supporting the Finance Manager with monthly and quarterly closes, including all revenue accounting, direct cost accruals, and assisting GroupM finance teams with operating costs and balance sheet queries
- Working closely across the Finecast UK business, building, and maintaining positive working relationships with teams including Engagement, Operations, Product Data and Analytics, Client Services, Business Operations, and Marketing to derive commercial and operational insights and analysis
- Creation and development of presentations, summarising business performance for Finecast UK Senior Management Team
- Manage and influence partnerships with other GroupM finance divisions and teams
- Assist the business in SOX compliances across all processes in the day to day running of the finance function and collating and responding to audit requests
- Participate in ad hoc projects and industry analysis, as necessary
Finecast team identity
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of Finance experience, part qualified (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- A passion for using data-driven analysis to solve complex and important business problems
- You are proactive and commercially minded, and have experience in an analytical role
- A problem solver with the ability to effectively articulate findings
- High standards of accuracy and precision with excellent attention to detail. Must take pride in the work they are preparing
- Ability to build relationships and work well cross functionally
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously with strong organisational skills, in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of accounting principles, practices, and standards
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite products, particularly Excel, Powerpoint, and Word. Must have particularly strong Excel technical skills
We believe that brilliant teams attract the next generation of brilliant employees.
Our values matter because they set the tone for the way we behave internally and externally. They are real and lived every day.
Start your Finecast career today: Finecast Values Innovate:
Through creativity and vision, we evolve.Belong:
Together we promote a sense of self-worth and fulfilment.Strive:
We support each other's growth and development, to drive success.Respect:
We earn respect through trust and integrity.