Position at Finecast
Global Strategy & Execution Senior Director
GroupM, the media investment group of WPP, launched Finecast in September 2017, delivering precision and accountability to advertising on the most powerful advertising and branding medium - Television.
As TV audiences fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. It helps advertisers address hard-to-reach TV viewers through a single access point with standardised measurement. All Finecast campaigns are inherently viewable, running on TV screens within high-quality, brand-safe content with no ad blocking.
Each Finecast campaign is custom built around the advertiser's audience target or response objective for TV campaigns and provides a more targeted and faster path to market than traditional linear TV advertising.
Finecast team identity
We believe that brilliant teams attract the next generation of brilliant employees. Our values matter because they set the tone for the way we behave internally and externally. They are real and lived every day.
- Innovate: Through creativity and vision, we evolve.
- Belong: Together we promote a sense of self-worth and fulfilment.
- Strive: We support each other's growth and development, to drive success.
- Respect: We earn respect through trust and integrity.
About the team
The world of TV is undergoing a paradigm-shift as traditional, linear TV shifts into the new world of TV powered by technology advances, content proliferation and ubiquitous data. Finecast is a team of individuals shaping the future of TV advertising and as such we set high standards for the individuals we hire and the skillsets they bring to our business. We are a rapidly growing organisation that require a hands-on approach with creative thinking, strong communication skills and a passion for what we do that translates into real energy in our team culture. There is no place for politics - Finecast is a fun, open, honest place to work where we support each other for our mutual success.
The Global Strategy & Execution Team enables Finecast to scale and to continue its trajectory to a world-class organisation with values and culture at its heart. The team designs and implements strategies and processes that that support market expansion programmes, change and communication initiatives, and corporate development transactions.
The Role Responsibilities:
The Global Strategy & Execution Snr Director will work across several strategic projects that support Finecast to effectively scale globally, playing a critical role in prioritisation, programme management and capacity management. Projects will include a wide spectrum across technology, people and process and will often require the design of options and solutions to drive forward achievement of high-level business objectives and will also oversee the activities of a centralised PMO.
This role will act as an internal consultant, giving the individual the exciting opportunity to get involved across many parts of the Finecast business and roll out plan. The role holder will need to be extremely flexible, adaptable, and agile in working across multiple projects with the ability to take business initiatives from early concept through to execution. This will include collaborating with internal stakeholders to define project requirements, create project plans and assign central PMO resources to enable successful delivery. The ideal candidate will bring a generalist and varied skillset, but with the aptitude to quickly grasp the nuances of a specialist and technical business.
• Work closely with the Global Leadership Team to support and/or lead strategic initiatives
• Apply consistently outstanding project management - the ability to design solution options and recommendations and execute on projects excellently
• Build business cases and options analysis and make recommendations
• Effectively and accurately translate business requirements into technical requirements and non-technical requirements into design options
• Identify, gather and analyse data to enable options analysis and recommendations
• Drive cross-functional collaboration from across the Global team, wider GroupM network, Finecast markets and 3rd party suppliers
• Provide input and recommendations to enhance the market roll out and execution strategies
• Help design and establish new processes, ways of working, operating models and consistent workflows with internal and external business stakeholders
• Continually strive for improved outcomes and best practice across projects, including process library
• Build trusted partnership relations with the operations team and broader stakeholder groups to provide coaching on best practice to continually improve quality of execution
• Assess and prioritise across multiple projects, workstreams and new requirements to ensure effective timing, management of dependencies and effective capacity management of teams
• Communicate priority/status/intent to all levels of the business, from C-Suite to entry level
• Develop and steer meetings involving internal and external resources, of all functions and levels of seniority to effectively drive stakeholder alignment and progress implementation of change
• Develop dynamic and useful reporting across the portfolio of change that enables effective focus and decision making
• Serve as key point of contact for stakeholders to ensure effective scoping, prioritisation and allocation of new requirements and projects
The role will report to the Finecast Global Strategy Development Senior Director.
Travel may be required from time to time.
Experience & Desirable Skills
- Proven stakeholder management, including Leadership Team level engagement
- Experience and exposure to strategy, operations and corporate development initiatives
- Substantial experience in setting up Programme Office and running complex projects with proven delivery
- Experience in designing and deploying effective business processes
- Multi-national / cross-border project experience
- Experience in running Agile project methodologies
- Experience in customer centric business requirements/design processes
- Ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Knowledge and experience of fit-for-purpose governance models in a scale-up environment
- Media experience beneficial
- A conscientious and professional approach to business and an attitude that fits with our culture (Priority and Necessary)
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Management Science discipline (Advantageous but not a deal-breaker)
- MBA (Advantageous but not a deal-breaker)